Many people think that success in education and career is achieved by people who are intelligent or talented. This way of thinking is quite far from the truth. People who are successful in their education and career will tell you that it’s down to the cultivation of good principles, strategies, tips, and tricks. Students who understand how to use these strategies will be a step ahead so when they become professionals, they will be primed for success. These skills will help students and professional to plan and execute their goals in a systematic, comprehensive manner, efficiently helping them to fulfill their fullest potential. The rest of the article will focus on strategies for learning preparation, studying, classroom participation, reading skills, preparing for tests, taking tests, writing skills, writing types, tips for science and math, and web content.
Preparing to Learn
- Getting Ready to Learn: Some tips for parents to get their children to be ready to learn.
- Making a Schedule: Learn the basics of making a schedule in preparation for learning.
- Managing Stress: Discusses the ways in which students can manage stress.
- Motivating Yourself to Study: Offers some pointers on how to be motivated to study.
- Improving Concentration: Presents three essential techniques to improve concentration.
- Memorizing: A simple approach to enhance memorizing.
- Concept Mapping: Explains concept mapping and shows how to do it.
- Avoiding Procrastination: Provides a number of tips to overcome procrastination.
- Strategies for ADHD: A list of study skills, organization skills, time management skills, and test preparation strategies for ADHD.
- How to Prepare for Class: Outlines the useful strategies to prepare for class.
- Lecture Note Taking: Provides advice to take good lecture notes.
- Presenting Projects: A simple approach to present your projects effectively.
- Presentation Skills: Detailed guide to help people improve their presentation skills.
- Public Speaking Tips: Offers some tips to become a better public speaker.
- Taking Notes: Some suggestions on how to take notes on reading books.
- Critical Reading: Shows how to evaluate what you are reading.
- Reading Difficult Material: A list of seven strategies to master the reading of difficult material.
- Speed Reading: Outlines the methods to achieve speed reading.
- Underline & Annotate: A guide to effectively underline and annotate your readings.
Preparing for Tests
- Test Preparation: Follow these simple guidelines to prepare fully for your tests.
- Anticipating Test Content: Provides some advice on how to anticipate test content.
- Reviewing for the Test: Simple strategies to help students review for tests.
- Overcoming Test Anxiety: Offers some tips to overcome test anxieties with links to more information.
- SQ3R: Efficient study system which stands for Survey, Question, Read, Recite, and Review.
- Tips on Test Taking: An outline of terrific test taking tips.
- True/False Tests: Superb strategies to tackle true/false tests.
- Essay Exam: Learn how to do well in essay exams.
- Oral Exams: Offers seven tips to show how to do well in oral exams.
- Essay Writing Basics: Discusses the essential steps to create a good essay.
- Organizing Research: Provides some excellent advice on how to organize research.
- Transitional Words & Phrasing: Differentiates a good transition and a bad transition with some illustrations.
- Using Commas: Shows the right ways to use commas.
- Annotated Bibliographies: Explains annotated bibliographies with instructions to help students write them.
- Pre-Draft Outlines: Step-by-step tool to help you create pre-draft outlines.
- Five Paragraph Essay: Offers an outline of the five paragraph essay with links to more detailed explanation.
- Expository Essay: Discusses the main components of an expository essay.
- Persuasive Writing: Explores the secrets to write compelling persuasive essays.
- Web Writing Tips: Indispensable guide for people who are looking to improve their web writing.
Math & Science
- The Scientific Method: Steps to explain the concept of the Scientific Method.
- Scientific Method: Interactive lad to illustrate the Scientific Method.
- Lab Reports: Explains what constitutes a good lab report.
- Scientific Papers: Provides information on writing good scientific papers.
- Success in Math: Follow these steps to excel in math.
- Evaluating Web Content: Offers some great tips to help you evaluate web content.
- Five Criteria: Lists the five important criteria in evaluating web pages.
- Web Citing: Almost everything you need to know about citing websites, database items, electronic sources, and more.
- Plagiarism & the Web: Discusses the problems of plagiarism on the web.
- Plagiarism Resource Site: Excellent resource center for fighting plagiarism on the web